Michael B Linton

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What's So Great About a Proverbs 31 Woman?

Really, what's so great about a woman who...

...brings good not evil?
...helps provide for her family while still being a Mom and Wife?
...is strong?
...is compassionate?
...makes sure her family is prepared for any scenario?
...takes care in her appearance?
...is dignified and faces the future with a smile of faith?
...is wise and kind in counsel?
...is a firm manager of her home?
...is praised by her children?
...is extolled by her husband?
...is charming, but not deceptive?
...is beautiful, but not vain?
...fears the Lord?

I'll tell you what's so great about it: it's great that I have one. I have a Proverbs 31 wife. I have a wonderful wife who wipes my tears, prays for me, fixes my lunches for work, cooks my meals when I'm home, picks up my clothes, washes my clothes, raises our children, and does her part to attempt to make financial ends meet, among 10,000 other things. She loves me regardless, forgives me often, doesn't get hugged enough, doesn't get kissed enough, doesn't get told how wonderful she is enough, and definitely doesn't get told enough how much I love her.

Honey, I love you more than my life. Second only to my salvation, you are the greatest gift God has given me. You most definitely should be praised in the city gates. And on the internet.

1 comment:

korey said...

After reading both of ya'lls blogs all I can say is that ya'll are awesome.