Michael B Linton

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Summerlake is moving forward!!!

There is new post below this one so don't miss it. But I wanted to get this out, too.

We are moving forward with Summerlake Church. You can check out our website at http://www.summerlake.cc/. We have a partner church and some individual sponsors. We need your prayer support. Please add us to your prayer list. Also, if you would like to help fund this church plant, email me with the details at michael@summerlake.cc. If you would like to give monthly or make a one-time gift, let me know. I will respond and tell you where to send the check. Our partner church is receiving and distributing the funds, so anything you give is tax deductible. Thank you for your help as we seek to follow God's will in this mission.

1 comment:

Matthew Woodside said...

Michael,

I have never met you face to face, but I have been keeping up with your plight as you and Etta seek God's direction for your life and ministry. When Amy, my wife and Etta's friend, told me of all you guys had been through, I was broken for you and your situation. So much of it sounded so familiar. Domino's, yep done that. Substitute teaching, yep, done that. Struggled with finding a place or finding a niche in ministry. Yep, been there. So from one brother to another, I empathize with you and hurt with you. But, as you have pointed out, God's mercies are beyond wonderful, and it is amazing that He makes perfume out of cow dung. Hang in there.

I'm sure you have lots of resources involving church planting, but if you need another, I have an aquaintance, Jordan Thomas, who has helped launch Grace Church in inner-city Memphis. Jordan works with Bethlehem Baptist out of Minneapolis (John Piper's church). Jordan and I have only met a couple of times, but he is a unique (in a great way) guy with a huge passion for church planting. His website is solus-christus.blogspot.com.

Keep up the good work and God bless.

Matthew Woodside, Pastor
Pleasant Hill BC